Our Pregnancy Journey
I wanted to take some time to write about our journey to becoming pregnant. As some of you know, we have been trying for quite some time. It goes as far back as 2002 when we decided to start "trying" to have children. Well after 3 years of irregular cycles and visits with an infertility doctor did we find out in July of 2005 that I have small cysts on my ovaries.
We moved shortly after that to IL in Aug of '05 and my new OB/GYN doctor did a couple of outpatient procedures to see if there was anything internally wrong. Everything was clean, normal what have you, except he told us that I had Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS. The doctor started me on a medication and after 6 months I started having normal cycles!
Well at the end of October beginning of Nov of '06 I found out I was pregnant! You wouldn't believe how happy Joe and I were! My doctor didn't want to see me until I was 8 weeks pregnant to have my very first prenatal visit. So over Thanksgiving we told Joe's parents and since we were flying down for Christmas to NC we were going to wait to tell my family face to face.
On Dec 4th 2006 Joe went with me to the first prenatal appointment. I didn't get to see my doctor long for he had a patient getting ready to deliver. I did have some spotting and will be getting an ultra sound at week 12.
On Thursday morning of Dec 7th I could tell something was wrong so I called the on call doctor and he advised me to go and check it out. Joe was just waking up and I thought that it really wasn't that bad so I drove myself to the emergency room at 6:30am. That was dumb! The pressure turned into pain and it intensified by 100% and it was only a 15 min drive to the hospital.
The ER department was slow and I was getting worse. Joe arrived at the hospital around 9:00am worried sick about me because I hadn't called and he couldn't reach me (cell phone didn't have reception) I was glad he was there. I finally got an ultrasound done around 9:30 am and then things started moving quickly. My doctor came in and I was being prepped for surgery because I had an ectopic pregnancy. My doctor didn't know that my tube had ruptured until the surgery. My cavity was filled with blood (about a liter I was told) and the doctor later told Joe that they didn't know if I was going to pull through. I was given 2 pints of blood and obviously God didn't want me just yet!
It was a long and emotional time for us, it took me longer to deal with all of my emotions and then we started trying again. We kept off doing fertility things because we were sure that God wanted us to have a baby the natural way. In Jan of this year I started taking my temperature and charting everything. By April I was depressed that I was never going to get pregnant and was starting to face that fact that maybe God didn't want us to have children. After talking with a good friend, doing some faith searching, talking with Joe about God's will for us and Bible reading , my faith grew and I knew that God's plan is bigger and better than mine and in time God would reveal that to us.
On May 29th I found out I was pregnant! My doctor wanted an ultrasound at week 6 to make sure that I wasn't ectopic again and I wasn't and here we are 15 weeks pregnant and I am feeling great!
We moved shortly after that to IL in Aug of '05 and my new OB/GYN doctor did a couple of outpatient procedures to see if there was anything internally wrong. Everything was clean, normal what have you, except he told us that I had Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS. The doctor started me on a medication and after 6 months I started having normal cycles!
Well at the end of October beginning of Nov of '06 I found out I was pregnant! You wouldn't believe how happy Joe and I were! My doctor didn't want to see me until I was 8 weeks pregnant to have my very first prenatal visit. So over Thanksgiving we told Joe's parents and since we were flying down for Christmas to NC we were going to wait to tell my family face to face.
On Dec 4th 2006 Joe went with me to the first prenatal appointment. I didn't get to see my doctor long for he had a patient getting ready to deliver. I did have some spotting and will be getting an ultra sound at week 12.
On Thursday morning of Dec 7th I could tell something was wrong so I called the on call doctor and he advised me to go and check it out. Joe was just waking up and I thought that it really wasn't that bad so I drove myself to the emergency room at 6:30am. That was dumb! The pressure turned into pain and it intensified by 100% and it was only a 15 min drive to the hospital.
The ER department was slow and I was getting worse. Joe arrived at the hospital around 9:00am worried sick about me because I hadn't called and he couldn't reach me (cell phone didn't have reception) I was glad he was there. I finally got an ultrasound done around 9:30 am and then things started moving quickly. My doctor came in and I was being prepped for surgery because I had an ectopic pregnancy. My doctor didn't know that my tube had ruptured until the surgery. My cavity was filled with blood (about a liter I was told) and the doctor later told Joe that they didn't know if I was going to pull through. I was given 2 pints of blood and obviously God didn't want me just yet!
It was a long and emotional time for us, it took me longer to deal with all of my emotions and then we started trying again. We kept off doing fertility things because we were sure that God wanted us to have a baby the natural way. In Jan of this year I started taking my temperature and charting everything. By April I was depressed that I was never going to get pregnant and was starting to face that fact that maybe God didn't want us to have children. After talking with a good friend, doing some faith searching, talking with Joe about God's will for us and Bible reading , my faith grew and I knew that God's plan is bigger and better than mine and in time God would reveal that to us.
On May 29th I found out I was pregnant! My doctor wanted an ultrasound at week 6 to make sure that I wasn't ectopic again and I wasn't and here we are 15 weeks pregnant and I am feeling great!
Comments