Bed Rest YUCK!

I have been on bed rest since this past Tuesday. I had a doctor's appointment and my blood pressure was really high and my doctor told me that she wanted me on best rest, cut out sodium, when watching TV and such be on my left side, and that I needed to come back on Friday. Thankfully my doctor is not concerned about anything else, and she did comment on how big Cameron is. So yesterday I went back and my blood pressure had come down considerably, however, my doctor wasn't there so the nurse told me that I had to continue to be on bed rest until I see my doctor this coming Tuesday. I also was hooked up to the fetal monitor which was really neat. Joe and I were able to hear the heart beat, see it on the chart and see how the fetal movements and the higher heart rate were in sync. I have not enjoyed being on bed rest at all there are things that I still want to get accomplished before Cameron comes. Thankfully I am not totally confined to my bed I can get up to shower, and have meals and such I can also be on the couch if I am in a reclined position with my feet elevated, but I can't be on my feet too long so that means not organizing the nursery and doing laundry and any house hold duties. I am more comfortable in the bed since I can be on my left side more and be able to watch TV and such while laying on my left side. I do sit up in bed at times to give myself a different position until I get uncomfortable with baby.

So anyway, that is the reason I am on bed rest; my blood pressure. Pray that I don't have to be this way for the rest of my pregnancy, only about 26 more days until my actual due date, but we all know she could come early or later.

I am very thankful for Joe! He has been amazing during this time with me being on bed rest. He has cooked, done laundry, and straighten up the house. I am so appreciative of his willingness to help out around the house without complaint. He had to take the Christmas tree down himself and clean up all the pine needles on the floor, which was hard for him but he did it without me even asking! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH JOE! You are truly a blessing to me!

I always thought it was neat for people to guess when a baby would be born and with time and weight. My mom thinks it will be Jan 18th, my dad thinks Jan 23, and several people who have birthdays in Jan want her birthday to match theirs :) I think she will be early but how early I don't know. My due date is Jan 29th.

Comments

Caroline said…
Wow! Its getting close. I'm sorry about you being on bedrest. I was put on bed rest at 33 weeks and Wesley was born at 37 because I had preeclampsia. My blood pressure just kept going up and up and I was in and out of the hospital 3 times before I actually went in to have him. It wasn't that fun, but looking back, I really treasure the quiet time I had before Wesley rocked out world. Stay off your feet as much as you can. I totally know what its like not to be able to do anything (they would only let me go to potty and shower and THAT WAS IT!) and I had to lay down the whole time. Not too much more time to go...hang in there my friend!

Oh, and my guess is Jan. 12th...at 2:36pm.
Heather said…
I def didn't have the bed rest issue, but then I've always had LOW blood pressure (hence the passing out:). So if everything goes normal (meaning they don't send you early b/c of blood pressure) I think you'll be a week late and have her in the middle of the night. I agree with Caroline...get as MUCH rest as you can now b/c you'll be begging for it once she's here! Oh..and keep me updated on the dr's appts. and your blood pressure
Jess said…
Bed rest, bummer! But you're almost done!

I'll vote for Jan. 14th, since Hayden was two weeks early. Good luck!!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Vacation

15 months