Cameron's Entrance to the World






CAMERON NICOLE SIMPSON!

I was in the hospital after midnight on Tuesday Jan. 20th, the nurse started me on Pitocin. I was still only 80% effaced and only 2 cm dilated. My blood pressure was still high. Through out the night they kept on checking my blood pressure and increasing the pitocin. Around 5AM or so my doctor was really worried about my blood pressure so insisted on starting me on the epidural. Joe and I really discussed this and took us about 40 min to decide that fine if this will help with the blood pressure then fine. Got the epidural around 6 am and at 7:20 am my water broke on its own! I had dilated to about 4 cm and Cameron's head was completely in my pelvis or as they say zero station. My doctor came in several times and didn't like the way I was progressing. Around, I think 12:30pm she said that we might need to do a C-Sect but would make the final decision around 2pm. So around 1:30 I had still had not dilated any more than the 4 cm and Cameron's head was starting to mold, meaning cone head, and so the C-Sect prep was started.

Cameron was born at 2:39 pm weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and is 19 inches long! And what a head of hair! Cameron is such a blessing and is beautiful! It is amazing how you can love something instantaneously!

Joe and I are very proud parents!

Comments

Jess said…
So glad she's here and that you're doing well!
Anonymous said…
She is so beautiful! I wish Tristan had hair like that when he was born. I am glad you both are doing well. Lots of love to you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Vacation

15 months