Simpson Update

Last night while I was reading a friend's blog Joe had mentioned that I just hadn't done a real written update in a while. I have been doing blogs with pictures, for those of you who read my blog, but not a real update. So here we go...

We are in the middle of our busy summer. Starting with Memorial Day back in May, we have been out of town more than in our own home. We went up to North Chicago for Memorial Day weekend, then had a weekend off, and then back up to North Chicago for a golf outing (6-8) that Joe and some of our friends were in. Then that very same week(6-11) we started our way to NC via TN and was able to visit with friends and family. Joe's cousin Hayley graduated from high school, the reason for our trip, and it was awesome for Cameron to meet family members and friends of ours from college! We had a wonderful time, as seen in pictures from previous post, loved seeing everyone, and loved surprising my family as well! The only thing that could have been better is if we had more time to spend with everyone. We are now home in which we have celebrated my birthday (6-18), Cameron turned 5 months today, and Father's Day tomorrow. Summer has always been busy for us and this year is no different but with Cameron the driving takes a new meaning. Having to stop for feedings and changing diapers makes for longer trips but well worth it once we reach our destinations.

We are getting ready for our last major trip of the summer. We go every year to NC's Ocean Isle for vacation and this year is no different, just the time that we are going is. We vacation with Joe's family and his parents go for two weeks while the children only go for one week. Joe and I and Joe's sisters usually go to the beach with Joe's parents the first week of July with July 4th being in there somewhere. However, this year we are going the second week, it just worked out better that way this year. We are going to be stopping by my parents house for an overnighter, then visit with friends and more family on the way to Ocean Isle. Spend a week at Ocean Isle with Joe's family then go back to Winston-Salem to visit with my family. It will be a busy almost two full weeks but it will be nice to have a vacation and visit with family and friends! We can't wait to see how Cameron reacts to the beach, I will obviously, take tons of pictures and do blog post about our vacation. Cameron, being only 5 months, will not be able to enjoy the beach as much but it will still be fun with her and seeing her reactions to the ocean and sand.

Cameron is getting so big! Joe and I can't believe that we have already had her for 5 months. Once Joe and I were out of college and married we thought time was flying by but now that Cameron is in our lives it seems that time is going much much faster! Once we get back from our vacation Cameron will be almost 6 mo old and we will be starting solids, which by the way, Joe and I are both very nervous about! Cameron is already starting to be interested in what we eat and drink but we feel it best to wait until we are back from our vacation.

I enjoy being a mommy so much and I know that Joe enjoys being a dad. I love that we have the means for me to stay at home with Cameron during this formative time in her life! I love how she smiles at us and hearing her sweet laugh and seeing her gorgeous smile. And nothing warms my heart more than to hear Cameron and her daddy playing and listening to the laughter that Joe gets out of her! We are very blessed to have Cameron with her sweet spirit and demeanor.

We hope that all who read this blog will continue to do so and follow in the journey of our lives, our love for each other and our family! I am sure the next phase of Cameron's life (solids) will be a fun and wonderful journey to experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nursery

Our First Baby!